Thursday, September 1, 2011

This Weeks Inspiration: Frida Kahlo


Frida Kahlo de Rivera was born in Coyoacán, Mexico. Born Magdalena Carmen Frieda Kahlo y Calderón. Frida was a Mexican painter with extraordinary talents. Frida is a feminist icon that we can all learn beautiful lessons from. At the age of six she developed polio, which made one leg appear much smaller than the other. She went through a terrific accident that caused large amounts of pain and hurt her ability to reproduce. She went through a volatile relationship with her husband Diego Rivera.
Her appearance is well known in history. She had a uni brow, hair with flowers, big brown eyes, and traditional Mexican dress. I personally love her to death. Her artwork and past inspires me so much. I hope to get a Frida Kahlo tattoo sometime in the distant future. I also want to be Frida for Halloween.
I believe that there is much to be learned and feelings of inspiration thanks to Frida Kahlo.
She is my hero and I hope you see her the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment